𝑾𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒂𝒗𝒐𝒓𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝒄𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒔𝒂𝒇𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒎𝒐𝒏𝒊𝒐𝒖𝒔 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒌𝒔𝒑𝒂𝒄𝒆𝒔, 𝒂 𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒎𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒄𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒑𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒈𝒓𝒐𝒘𝒔 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒄𝒓𝒆𝒕𝒆 𝒋𝒖𝒏𝒈𝒍𝒆𝒔 𝒐𝒇 𝒐𝒇𝒇𝒊𝒄𝒆𝒔 𝒊𝒔…
Your guess is as good as mine!
💥-The vehicle of false information
💥-The drain on everyone’s time
💥-The breeding ground for bullying, harassment, and discrimination.
𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐜𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐬 𝐚𝐧 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞-𝐮𝐩 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐩𝐢𝐜 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐭 𝐬𝐨 𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐭.
So here goes..
Here’s why you should not GOSSIP, according to Socrates
In Ancient Greece, Socrates had a great reputation of wisdom.
One day, someone came to the great philosopher and said:
– Do you know what I just heard about your friend?
– A moment, replied Socrates.
– Before you tell me, I would like to test you the three sieves.
– Before telling anything about the others, it’s good to take the time to filter what you mean.
– I call it the test of the three sieves.
1️⃣The first sieve is the TRUTH. Have you checked if what you’re going to tell me is true?
2️⃣The second sieve, is that of KINDNESS. What do you want to tell me about my friend, is it good?
3️⃣The test of the third sieve is that of UTILITY. Is it useful that I know what you’re going to tell me about this friend?
– Not, really on all counts.
– So, concluded Socrates,
What you were going to tell me is neither true, nor good, nor useful
Why, then, did you want to tell me this?
“𝐆𝐨𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐩 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐛𝐚𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠. 𝐈𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐭 𝐦𝐚𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐦 𝐞𝐧𝐣𝐨𝐲𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐮𝐧, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝, 𝐢𝐭 𝐟𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐬 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐮𝐬, 𝐭𝐨𝐨!”